Thursday, September 1, 2016

WIP Color Wheel hanging

So the idea for this started from a complement on my color choices for fabrics and bloomed into an artistic hanging that highlights some ideas in color theory. I plan to write up a pattern for this but I wanted to show off what I've been working on.

It started off with me raiding my scrap pile for colors and sorting them in red, green, blue, orange, yellow and purple.

I then cut them into and sewn them together strips to highlight value from light to dark. I actually pulled enough to make two different color wheels. For this project I decided to use my Hex N More ruler from Jay Bird. I've had the thing for a year now and haven't pulled it out. I even got the Gravity pattern, which I still plan on doing eventually. I just haven't cracked the thing out to do anything yet. I also got the regular sidekick ruler. I've managed to use that one some but until now not much.

The final part was to sew coordinating strips on the sides for the different color schemes. I plan on using each side as a backing to the other so that it is reversible. This has been a good exercise and a fun way to use up some scrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment