Monday, September 26, 2016

Pattern inspirations- Quilt magazine.

I love digging through quilt magazines for inspiration. I've spent several hours at a bookstore looking for the perfect idea. I have several quilts that were done as color variations of patterns found in magazines.

I had dug up a couple of examples of my quilts to show you but for the life of me I can't reference the magazines they come from because I can't find them. Usually my magazines go in a stack in my room or I will give them to my mom or grandmother to look at later. Most likely that is what happened to the ones I'm looking for.

The first one is a quilt done with a fun Alexander Henry fabric "A Ghastlie End". I fell in love with the fabric because it reminding me of the artistic style of Edward Gorey.

The second one is a pattern called "Equilibrium" it is either from the summer Modern Patchwork or Modern Quilts Unlimited (fall or summer?). It was done from their recent issues. They used solids and pastels in purple, pink with a peach background.

I used a recently purchased mermaid fabric from Alexander Henry and shopped my stash for the rest. I found a large print floral fabric, a beautiful turquoise and had some Kona solids left over from when I my row by row prize of 2015. All of this fell together very nicely and I'm quite happy with the results. The original (I wish I can find the magazine) flowed but blended with an analogous color scheme. I used a split complementary to spice things up a bit.

Now that I'm blogging I will have to remember to take photos of my fabrics before I start. It would be easier if I thought to do that. But good news is I'm working on choosing fabrics for my next project idea. I'll have a better shot of what I actually use. My newest project is coming from Modern Patchwork's fall 2016 issue with the Deco Daybreak quilt by Sheri Cifaldi-Morrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment