Wednesday, August 31, 2016

WIP Wednesday Harry Potter quilt

I spent the morning at Atomic Fibers working on getting the binding done. I don't have much space to spread out at home to do the binding process. I appreciate the girls over there letting me take up some room and giving me pointers. I'm going to start machine quilting this one this afternoon.

This quilt features Spool's row design of 'Harry's Home' and their plate for this years row by row. I then took scraps to flush out four giant sections of color for the house colors. The back is pieced with a mirroring pattern of the 4 house color sections. I'm planning on going to chattanooga for the AQS show and hope I have this done in time to stop by Spool and show it off there.

Today's tea was Pure Leaf the unsweetened Green Tea. I stopped at a local Oak Ridge mom and pop place called Hot Bagel for breakfast. I love this place it's all made in house and the desserts available change day by day. I picked up some apple turnovers for an afternoon treat before I tackle some sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment