Sunday, September 11, 2016

WIP - Harry Potter part 2

So I have finally finished quilting the first half of my Harry Potter quilt. Sad to say it's not that big but I was distracted. Dragon*Con is labor day weekend and I went to that. Had a blast and saw lots of great costumes but I'm off to finishing this quilt. My goal is to have it done by the 14th and I'm almost there. I keep getting distracted.
The second side features the row by row license plate from spool and a mirrored reverse of Hogwarts from the last row. The background to the castle isn't as colorful because I didn't have any more of that fabric but I think the goes well with the fact that this one is on the slytherins side of the quilt.

And for some more non quilting stuff:Today's tea is Chrysanthemum tea. It is a light tea made with just the chrysanthemum flowers and water. This version is sweetened. There is a large asian grocery store nearby and I can get this easily.
I like this one but it's not my absolute favorite so I don't buy it that much. It's a nice treat. I was watching a videos about asian drinks and this was on it. I'm going to share the video below because it's got some of my other favorites in it, and some I hadn't tried before.



No comments:

Post a Comment