Saturday, September 17, 2016

UFO weekend project- Patio Pavers Quilt

So if you remember my last Harry Potter quilt post you will have seen this stack of unfinished quilt tops.
On the top there is three pieces that are actually part of a single quilt. It was done in panels so I can do a quilt as you go method with it.

The original quilt pattern came out of a quilting magazine I got a few years ago. I can't even remember which one it was, but I thought it was a fabulous way to bust up some of my scraps. I put it together in 5 panel pieces and decided to use one of the panels as the backing for another one.
I had enough batting but ran out of the solid grey I wanted to use as a backing for the other three panels I wanted to do. I decided to start on the one I had pinned and ready to go and had an unfortunate color choice for my thread.

The quilt goes from one brilliant color to another in a nice rainbow effect and I originally thought a bright colored graduating thread would look fabulous with it. Once I got have my panel done I decided I hated the color choice in the thread. With that the project got put down for later when I can get more material and my interest immediately jumped to something else and the quilt was sent to the unfinished project pile. Things get lost there, so almost two years later I decided to pull it out and give this a go again.

I have some solid grey fabric from a recent purchase and just need to get my panels up and running again. First thing is to pull the thread out with the unfortunate color choice and then start quilting with a grey thread I found that worked better. It doesn't compete with the bright color fabrics as the other thread did.
Sorry the lighting in that last picture is terrible. Once I finish quilting I will begin connecting the panels and hopefully see an over all finished quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment