Friday, September 16, 2016

AQS Quilt Week 2016 in Chattanooga

Wednesday was my birthday so I took the day off to go to Chattanooga and see the show. I have been to Padukah's quilt week but not the one in Chattanooga. Usually I don't have the money for a trip so soon after Dragon*con but I figured I can stretch it this time.
It was fun. Mom and I spent the day running around playing Pokemon Go and it's big brother Ingress as well as oohing and Aching over all the quilts. I got some fabric and ideas for new quilts. I always see things I want to try or that looks so fun. The quilt to the right was done by the ladies of Spool. You can find them at the Badass Quilter's Society. I've got a couple of my favorites from the show below. I did catch the name tags in the photos. I'm sorry it they're too small to read.

They had a few special showings like one with a theme of the Lion King and another with the them of unusual materials. There were quilts made out of chicken wire, duct tape(below), tin cans and more. Over all a blast was had and it was a fabulous birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment