Friday, February 1, 2019

Pre-Planning Projects 2019 Pt 5

I'm hoping my busy year doesn't overflow into next year. This one is a project where the fabrics took the lead. I got these cute fabrics from Mountain Creek Quilt Shop and knew I had to do something with them.

 I play a game called Ingress. Most people know of Pokemon go. It's the precursor to Pokemon Go. There are two teams Enlightened and the Resistance. I'm one of the Enlightened and they're nicknamed frogs. So when I saw this cute from fabric I had to have it.

The mushrooms were part of the same collection and matched perfectly with it. The rest just spiraled out of control from there. Rarely do I pick the fabrics first then find a project to fit them. This is what I've done here. The floral I have is only an eight of a yard so it's going to be an accent piece. The solids are fat quarters I got as a prize for 2017's row by row quilt. I believe I have enough of the first three fabrics to make up for the shortage of the others.

When I was looking through my Modern Patchwork magazine for the other two projects I came across one that I think will fit these fabrics perfectly. I had not planned on doing this one but I think I can make the fabrics fit it so well. I may have to go back to my stash for more.

It's called Jams and Jellies by Gosia Pawlowska. Their sample is bright and colorful. I will most likely make mine a lot smaller then the one here. I am going to work on the logistics of that problem later. I'm kinda glad all of them come from the same source. It means I'm getting a lot of use out of this magazine.

Also check out Gosia's Flicker account. She has lots a beautiful work there.

Tea today was my Jasmine Silver Needle loose leaf tea. I got it from Teavana before they closed the store in our local mall in early 2018. This is going to last me a bit longer still. The sample picture is not mine, I did swipe it from Tevana's site.. I didn't get that much. It's a smooth Jasmine tea and one of the fancier ones. Because the store was doing random sales for stuff I caught it at 75% off one day. I almost wish I went ahead and got double what I did but I think I got a 4 or 6 ozs of the stuff when I bought it. These leaves are so light and airy that's a lot of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment