Tuesday, February 5, 2019

UFO - Block Rockin by 627Handworks

Few years ago, when Craftsy was still around, I used it to look for cool paper piecing patterns. I had gotten a taste of paper piecing with my first Row by Row quilt and I wanted to do more.

One of my favorite block series is by Julie Hirt of 627 Handworks. The blocks are called Block Rockin based off rock groups. I printed a bunch out for myself to do as a block of the month attempt.

I know I still have 11 of the patterns and made several of the blocks. I'm glad I had kept the patterns safe in one of my pattern binders. I was looking for links to them for this post and found out about Craftsy. It's sad I haven't been to the site in so long  that I missed a huge thing. However never fear. If you want to do the blocks yourself Julie has them on Etsy for sale.

You have blocks called Led Zepplin, Icky Thump and Penny Lane. They all are really well designed and the patterns easy to use. They unfortunately suffered from my short attention span and I didn't finish all the blocks. I managed 8 of the 12 patterns and one came out small. Probably a print size issue, but I'm not sure what happened there.

All in all I think the blocks came out really nice. I know several of the fabrics are still in my stash. I keep telling myself I'm going to get back to it and finish them. I think I need to border up the small block and make one more. A small project will work out with them. It's still a project on the to do pile. (sweating at the size of that pile right now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment