Monday, February 18, 2019

Village Quilters Guild Meeting and Mom and Meg Quilt Shop

So my mom joined the Village Quilters Guild in Tellico Village, TN. Even though she lives in Knoxville this is a guild she has gone to meetings for often and also has been to many of their quilt shows. The guild is hosting a bus trip to Missouri Star at the end of April, which I jealously can't go because I can't take the time off for work.

I don't know who this quilt belongs to.
The February meeting was her first meeting as a guild member and they had a trunk show and guest speaker from Mom and Meg Quilt Shop in Dandridge, TN. Mom came back from the meeting raving about the quilts, the speaker, and wants to plan a road trip to Dandridge sometime in the future. Maybe we can go in May as a mother/ daughter trip. Maybe I will get a chance to accompany mom to the next meeting.

Now some of the quilts were brought by guild members and the photos she sent me she did not clarify who owned what. She did send me photos of her spoils and got a pattern for me. I can't wait to make this Elizabeth Hartman quilt. I have her Greenhouse pattern which is another WIP on my to do list. I've got the top complete. I just need to make a backing and quilt it.




One of the Teas Organic Apple Red
Our Table
As for the tea for today I'm actually going to talk about an event I did get to go to. My co-worker's church had a Ladies Tea the Sat after the guild meeting. Both of mom and I went and had fun. They had lots of sweets and a huge variety of teas. Some of the church members played hostess at the tables and they decorated the table and brought in the teas and some even brought beautiful cups. I collect tea cups also, so I enjoyed seeing the variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment