Thursday, January 31, 2019

Pre-Planning 2019 Projects Pt. 4

Man I've done lots of posts in the last week. I am going to try to keep this up for a while instead of falling off for over a year. This one is another quilt out or the Modern Patchwork magazine from June 2017. It's the quilt featured on the cover. It's so neat looking on the cover display. It's called Shape within a Shape by AGF Studio. When I was looking at the fabric requirements I found the number of different fabrics they used is very daunting. They have 17 different fabrics.

I scoured my stash and probably could have kept looking since I didn't go through everything. Several I picked are from my New Orleans trip and some that Karen gave me. A few I had from local stores. This may change when I sit down to actually start this quilt. I want to try to do a quilt as I go with the large squares so hopefully I won't have one that I'm tugging and pulling through the machine.

I want to have large finished quilts but sometimes the work going into them is intimidating. I still face this challenge head on.

The photo on the right is right next to the window so it's hard to see the fabrics. I'm going to post a few close up shots. The black with the street cars, martini glasses, the brown shifting stripe and the large shifting square fabric is from New Orleans and Pensacola.

Tea today is going to be another find from my local asian grocery store. Master Kong Teas are imported from China and to be honest some of them are expired in the store. I have never had any problems after drinking them but to be fair I didn't notice they were expired till after I drank them. They make all kinds of flavors. I love the Jasmine fruit tea. It is a sweetened tea so I shouldn't be getting much of it but it does have a nice peachy flavor. They will sometimes spot light pop stars or actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment