Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Pre-Planning 2019 Projects Pt. 3

The next project that is a must is to use the cute Foodland samples I got from Mountain Creek Quilt Shop. I have gone through various ideas with this one to a table runner or table topper or another wall hanging. I want to use a pattern I saw in Modern Patchwork from June 2017. It's called City Planner by Heather Black. I plan on not making it as big as theirs and probably change the design a bit. on the upper and left side. The pattern will be a good basis to get what I want and use the variety of squares. The changes will only make is smaller and not really alter the fact it is her design.


The accent fabrics mostly come from my stash. With the solids and neutrals as the back ground. I was trying to pull another pink fabric in because one of the samples has a pink back ground but I may leave that out and put it with something else. I want to see how big this over all design ends up being. If I don't use all the Foodland pieces I know I can add them to another project.

To complement the fabric I'm sharing a tea I got last summer also. My local Barnes & Nobles sells the Harney & Sons teas. I picked up one of their limited stock tins. Now it's still available on the website if you want it. It's just not usually carried in my local store all year round. I love this White Peach Matcha. It's got a really good peach flavor that's I think pairs very nicely to the matcha. The bags have matcha powder in them so when you pull them out of the tin it can get on your fingers if you're not careful. I only have a few bags left so I plan on ordering this one online when I run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment