Sunday, January 27, 2019

2018 Quilt Review Pt 3: Love Quilt




Another 2018 project that was finished is a small lap quilt/ wall hanging. This one hangs in my office cubical. The original pattern I got from Simple Modern Magazine # 13.  The quilt designed by Sandra Johnson titled Love Forever. I did not follow the pattern exactly but it's close enough I'm going to say it's from her pattern. The Kanji in the center stands for love which is why I call this my love quilt.

I used purely scraps at putting the background together. This was a great scrap buster for me. I think I cut what I had at the time in half. I did buy the black fabric I use for the applique and the binding new but I decided on that after I had it all together.

I did improve blocks with the blue and purple fabrics and tried to get a sort of ombre look when I laid them out. This one was suppose to go into another fair but I never got the application out in time so it just decorates my wall and reminds me of Love. 
For the tea I would have to spotlight here is some of my favorite Sunflower Jasmine Tea. There's a local asian grocery store that gets lots of different things and some at good prices. It's a pretty big store and has everything from fresh meats and vegetables to frozen and instant foods. The tea I like to get is in a tin with an extra stopper in the lid to keep the tea fresh. It's imported by Fujian Tea. I've repurchased this one several times. I sometimes buy extra jasmine blooms and mix it in with it for a stronger floral taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment