Monday, January 28, 2019

Pre- Planning 2019 Projects Pt. 2

My friend Karen gets lots of great fabrics from thrift stores for me. I would say a good chunk of my stash is actually from her. A few years ago she sent me lots of bits of asian print fabrics. Many of them small cuts. Lots of them are from people who have passed away and the family has donated them to the thrift shop.

Thanks to my bing watching of YouTube videos about Nippori Fabric town I decided to look through the fabrics recently. I found several panels that I want to make into wall hangings. The accent pieces come from this stash along with a recent purchase from my shop hop post.

I plan on doing two as of right now and I have another panel I need to plan out also. These two I'm actually going to use similar fabrics and a lay out. One is a panel of two ladies walking and the other is two panels of a beautiful kimono.  I found a nice pattern call Side Lights from Mountainpeek Creations I want to use. I plan on giving one to Karen when I get done with this.

Tea today has been a Lemon Zest Tea by Browne & Ashley. I got this in a tea collection for Christmas. This is the second time I've ever gotten this collection and the tea's are good. This one doesn't have much of a lemon flavor but it is a nice green tea. I like keeping the tins to use for sewing notions and pins.


No comments:

Post a Comment