Sunday, January 27, 2019

Pre Planning 2019 Projects Pt 1.

On my trip to New Orleans last year I picked up some of the Gustav Klimt fabrics. I got two panels and two of the other fabrics to use as accent pieces. This was a 35 fabric line and there was a lot to choose from.

Of the panels there was one hanging on the wall as a completed project at Uptown Needle but they had already sold out of that. In fact the panel I did get from there I took from the wall as a display of the fabric. It was the last one. The other panel I got from A & E Fabrics. I decided to accent this project with a solid black back ground and a tan fabric I had in my stash. The tan has threads of gold which will pull all the gold from the panels. 

Sample Project for Kaufman's Website
I plan on making two wall hangings out of this project. Robert Kaufman's website had lots of free projects using this line and there are several on there that I'm considering. I don't really want to get too complicated or big with the piecing of these one because I think the fabrics shine for themselves. The two panels I got were always my favorite of his paintings so I'm thrilled to get to work with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment