Wednesday, January 30, 2019

WIP - Rose for My Boyfriend

Mom said the photo doesn't due it justice.
Current work in progress is another pattern I pulled from Simple Moderne Magazine. Issue # 15 this time. It wasn't even the pattern I bought the magazine for but it became my next project. The pattern is called A Rose for My Boyfriend by Ennsoo Kang. This one is a twin size quilt and let me tell you. They are a bitch to quilt on a small domestic machine. But damn it I'm doing it.

The fabrics were mostly stuff I had purchased before and didn't know what to do with them. I pulled the black with the swirly white print from my scrap pile. I still have to do a post where I show all the quilt tops I've got together one day. I can't remember where I originally used that fabric.

The piecing was started actually in December. I had the whole thing done by New Year's eve. It only took me a weekend. The pattern uses 4 different sizes of blocks that I cut quickly. I don't think I did anything else that weekend but cut and sew fabric. I posted it on one of my facebook groups and someone was surprised at how fast I got that done. I think that's due to staying up til 3 am and trying to keep from getting distracted by youtube videos while I work.


Trying to pin it from the wrong side.
Currently I'm still quilting and it's slow going on that because I'm working on a part I don't feel too excited about plus I have so many ideas swimming in my head for my next project I'm trying to force myself to finish this one first. Maybe if I keep focused I can get a WIP done each month. And maybe that's too optimistic.

My bottle didn't have Big Bang on it.
Tea for Today is actually a grapefruit green tea I got at the local asian grocery store. I'm treating myself with this one. It's very refreshing and has a light and citrus flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment