Sunday, March 3, 2019

Quilt Shop Saturday- Asheville Cotton Co.

I got a chance to go to Asheville, NC Saturday. My trip was meant to go see Biltmore (you can see photos I took here), but I like to stop into fabric shops on my vacations. It gives me some great ideas seeing a new shop and sometimes there are unique finds you wouldn't find in another part of the country. This trip I stopped at the Asheville Cotton Co. shop.

This was my second stop at this shop. Last August I had gone with my mom and my friend Regina. This trip was only me and Regina but I had to go back to the shop. I like this shop. It's a good sized shop and has a great selection. They also had this cute sample quilt done with some whimsical peter pan fabrics. If I was a huge peter pan fan I would have loaded up on these.
Quilt made with peter pan fabrics

I did get a variety of floral fabrics and a couple of fat quarters of this cute tomato fabric I found. Mom had asked me to pick up some floral for her so we're going to get together and divvy out the fabrics this week.


We stopped at the shop early in the morning. So early we were there about 15 minutes before opening. I ran into the nearby Fresh Market and picked up this matcha ginger tea. I thought it was a store brand, but it's by Matcha Love. It was very good and refreshing. I did get two yellow plums for a snack and never got around to eating them. I plan to do that today with some lemon iced tea while I sew and catch up on household stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment