Saturday, March 23, 2019

Oh Baby Finished!

This is a project I knew would come to an end soon. It was closer to finishing a WIP then starting anything new. The original quilt top had been around for a while and I'm happy to see it finished and finally going to a home. My cousin's baby shower is next weekend so I am thrilled to have this done with time to spare.

With the scraps, I also made two cute decorative pillows to match. Since the way, I created the backing out of the top itself only the top and bottom needed binding. I was able to use scraps from making the pillows to make those. So I am happy to say no new fabric went into this project. I am also surprised my thread held out. I have enough to put on a bobbin for another project now. The stitching across each lava lamp/ distorted hex shape gives it a rather interesting texture and I'm glad about how the thread blends into the majority of the fabrics.

Now I think it's time for bed and I can gear up with my next project in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment