Saturday, March 23, 2019

Mountain Quiltfest 2019 Pigeon Forge, TN

So this week was the Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge TN. This is actually my third time coming to this convention. It's been several years and this is actually my first time going to it's the newer location. The convention has been held at this location for the last several years I just hadn't been able to go for one reason or another. I think the last time I went was 2013. It was in two hotels at that time and both hotels were at different ends of the main parkway.  The current location is a large event space called the Leconte Center. It shares a parking lot with a location called the Island which has restaurants, arcades, shops, and a huge Ferris wheel.

The Quilt show this year went for March 20th to March 23rd. They had lots of classes but several of
they filled up fast. Next year's show will be March 4th to the 7th. My original plan was to go one day to the show on Thursday and Friday we were going to Nashville for a concert. I had won tickets to through the local radio station. We left the show Thursday night and were heading home for some sleep and the station I got my tickets from no longer existed. It had been sold and changed hands while I was at the show. I called the venue for the concert and no one had turned in the list for the will call tickets. So my Friday plans fell apart and so we went back to the quilt show.

They had a passport/ scavenger hunt game going on that we didn't notice on Thursday so we did that and went to several of the demos and antique quilt turnings. I will do a separate entry on the antique quilts but I am glad I went back. We got a lot of things on our first day and the second day but I did pick up some thread.
Thread from Friday

Loot from Thursday
I have part of the photos taken on my google photos album. My battery had died halfway through the show and I had given my extra batteries to mom. Once I get a chance I will get a copy of her photos to put in my album also.







The tea for today was a Pomegranate Green Tea. We had stayed at a hotel weds night so we could get to the show early Thursday. Breakfast was left overs from dinner the night before and I grabbed the hot tea in hotel breakfast area. We also ended the night at the Apple Barn for a fired pie and hot cider for dinner. It had gotten cold so that hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment