Saturday, March 9, 2019

Oh Baby! WIP

So my cousin is having a baby. I had been waiting until she let me know to work on her baby quilt. It's due in June but she recently sent a baby shower invitation for March 30th. So I would like to have the quilt done by then. Good thing I planned on using one of the dozen tops I had already had finished. I have a terrible habit of doing a top and putting it aside to be quilted later, but as you guess it later can be years down the road.
In progress from 2014

I decided to put working on my Halloween hanging off to get this project done before the baby shower. My aunt had been wanting to make my other cousin's son a quilt also. I will have to pull out the clothing I gathered for that because I know she's going to work on getting me to doing it faster once I show up with this.

This one is a pattern I got offline and I had to hunt it down to figure out where. It's one of the McCalls Quilting free patterns called Tween Tumbler. I linked a post from 2018 but the original pattern is from 2013. I started this top in 2014. So that makes this a bit of a UFO I've picked up.

I decided to modify the top so it wouldn't be so big. I'm using part of it as its own backing also. I shortened it by three rows. I took off the very top and two bottom rows. I'm going to use the pieces to make a pillow or two to match.

I had this pale green thread that disappears into the greens but will stand out in the pinks and oranges. It's a Gutermann # 700 in Mint Green, To be honest, I didn't want to run out and buy thread and I was trying to match the turquoise. I have so much thread I knew I would have something to match. I think I considered a blue or a beige also. But so far I'm happy with this thread. I love the quality of Guttermann. It one of my favorite threads I can get when I run into Joann's.

Picture from Republic of Tea.
Today's tea is an Acai Berry from The Republic of Tea. They label it their super fruit tea. To be honest I was looking at lots of teas at World Market and there was an employee trying to redo the shelf. I grabbed three and I thought I had actually grabbed a blueberry tea. I didn't look at the container after I grabbed it, just stuffed it in my basket and went on. I did look at the other two I picked up and put them back. I don't mind this is good. It's got a bit of a blueberry flavor to it. When I shared it at work one of them thought it tasted a bit like fig newtons. So that may be due to subconscious suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment