Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Oh Baby WIP still

So I had a whole week where I was not feeling good and didn't get anything done. I had no energy and would come home and stare vaguely at my computer. Well, I was trying to read and watch YouTube videos abut I was just not feeling it. So I've not completed the baby quilt but I have gotten pretty far. The top ended up being 5 full rows wide with a partial row on each side when I had it stitched up and turned. It's a good crib sheet size and I have managed to make progress. I have 3 rows and another 2/3rds a row done. I did end up having to buy a second spool of thread to complete it.

There was one day I couldn't resist and took an hour or two to work on the focus freeway project. I just cut out the pieces and put them together. The whole thing is applique so it's ironed down but needs to be stitched up. I put it aside to finish the sewing after I finish my baby quilt. The March 30th date is coming fast and I keep feeling like everyone wants a bit of time I don't have. I know if I hadn't stopped working on anything for a week I'd have finished it but you can't help when you're sick.

I do have the material and the remaining rows ready for when I finish this I can make two matching pillows. Afterwards, it's bag it up and have it ready for a baby shower!

Today's tea is one I got from Teavana a while back. I think I only have enough for one more cup left. It's a summer tea and I'm ready for spring/ summer. It's Strawberry blush. It's a very fruity herbal tea that tastes like strawberry as the name implies. It almost doesn't need sweetening with its natural flavor. I did add some freeze-dried strawberries into my cup. If I had enough I'd make a pitcher of ice tea with it but sadly it's almost gone and I don't think I can get anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment