Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Sit n Stitch and Homely Houseplants Stitch Along

I've been working on a stitch along by Stitchonomy called Homely Houseplants. It ended a few days ago and I'm almost done. I've just got two more plants to go. I missed the sign up for the free patterns on her page by a day because I didn't get the Facebook notification till the next day. I decided to join her patreon to get into this one and I'm really happy I did.

She had some very pretty and easy designs. I say easy because she doesn't do half stitches or put in the backstitching. So if you don't like either of those then your good to go. I will sometimes add it in depending on if I want to emphasize or smooth out details. She's also supportive of using different colors.

Her next one is colorful critters and the colors in the kits look exciting. I'm not ordering a kit because I have such an enormous selection of floss I'm going to see what I have first. These projects have become my sit and stitch projects. On Tuesdays, I meet a group at the local quilt shop for sit and stitch. A lot of them knit or crochet, but a few of us are doing other types of hand projects.

Sit and stitch inspired me to put an unusual drink as my spotlight. It uses tea to make it, but it's not tea. One of the ladies grew up in the Seattle area and has family in Victoria, British Colombia. She often visited family there and has had the tea blend that the Empress Hotel created. She was talking about one of the shops there she would buy tea from. That reminded me of a recommendation for a fantastic Gin I got at the beginning of February. It was the Empress 1908 Gin. This was also crafted at the hotel. The gin is made with botanicals that include rose petals, Grapefruit peel, purple pea blossoms, and the Empress Hotel's tea blend. I can not tell you how much of love this gin and it's my favorite color in the world, purple. The flowers give it such a vibrant color that even making a gin and tonic does not dull it very much. I hope to one day try the tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment