Saturday, March 14, 2020

Mystery Quilts!

I've been working on two mystery quilts. One is a block of the month quilt Murder Mystery. I've already posted a small blurb about this one in my 2020 Projects post. It's been interesting to go blind into this quilting process. We were given a color list to start so we can choose our fabrics and have no clue what we're doing. This month's block used a skill I can say I don't like but can do with medium success. Curve piecing. The name of the block is Desert Flower and we make three of the blocks. The last two we made only one of that block and of course the one thing I am not fond of I have to make multiple. All complaining aside, the practice is good for me in skill-building and I think the block looks pretty.

The other was an international mystery quilt series by Fiberology Lab. This place is truly my home shop. Sometimes I feel like I'm there as much as at home. She's doing this like a quilt club that you can choose to participate by buying the kit.

Each meeting she goes over techniques and ideas for this month's quilt pattern. The kits are all precut, and you're given some scraps to go with it for extra bits. She also included recipes with the pattern.We talk about what was done from last month if you came or if you just had something to share. The quilts are small throw or baby quilt sizes and make great gifts.

I participated in February and got a kit for Italy in pinks and purples. It's a snowball block that represents meatballs. I'm hungry thinking about spaghetti and meatballs now. I have most of the blocks done and sewin into strips. No photo of that, but I will be done soon.




Tea for today a shot of the table at a ladies tea event I went to. My co-worker sponsors a table at her church's even. It's usually a fun social event combined with the church's fund-raiser. Last year was her first year and didn't know she could bring fancy cups. I loaned her some of mine for the table and I think she did a great job decorating. Snow had hit that morning and half the people couldn't come. The guest speaker included, but we still had a good time. She had picked up several different flavors. She found a Moringa Tea and I tried it. I can't say I'm a fan. It had a bit of a grassy flavor. I don't plan on getting any more, but I'm glad I experienced something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment