Sunday, March 1, 2020

Antique Quilts

I wanted to share a few antique quilts I found. As I said in my previous post I had visited a vintage shop with a friend of mine in Chattanooga. I had to take photos of a few of the finds from the shop. I thought about adding this to my previous post but it was already a long post. So first is a beautiful collage quilt I found that is clearly not antique but probably only a few years old. It's still a fun quilt for a great price.

Next was a great scrap use idea. The pumpkin was either made of repurposed damaged quilts or made new and as aged several years now. While near this one I found some beautiful vintage cross stitch pieces and notions I didn't photograph.

The last one was a vintage quilt found in a different store. I almost bought this but didn't have it in my budget at the time. Its a fabulous star pattern with small yo-yo's at the edge. You can't see the yo-yo's in the photo but they used it to make scalloped edges.

It's not unusual to find hand made quilts in shops around here. They were usually handmade and passed to family members. If someone didn't have a family to give them to and no one wanted them after the artist passed then they end up in second-hand stores. If you find one under $100 it's a steal no matter how damaged it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment