Saturday, March 28, 2020

Quarantine Blues

At the beginning of the week, the county I work in issued a shelter in place order. Because of that, I can't go to work. My boss has been working on a way for us to work from home but for now, I'm off work. I have been filling this time with getting things done and planning out new projects. I think everyone has been doing this.

First I got around to making a wall hanging/baby quilt with the panel I got from the last fiber review at my local quilt shop. I was not happy with the first photo I posted on my Instagram but I did manage to get outside and take a better photo. There are a few issues with it, but I think it came out cute. The pattern I found a quilt on Pinterest and figured out the math for the pieced blocks I needed. I was proud of myself that I got it right the first time.

The second thing I finished was the temperature quilt. To be fair I had only a few rows left to sew together. I'm very happy with the way it came together. It is 14 squares across and 26 squares vertically. I added the brown squares to show where it changed months. I need to get batting before I can go further with this project so I've put it aside for now.

The next project I've started and completed was Moda Love wall hanging. I got this idea from Jordan Quilts. I've watched this video several times now. I had watched it last week, and since it was an easy use of a charm pack I thought, why not!. I used a charm pack I got from Quiltfest. It was Zelie Ann by Eleanor Burns from Benartex. The pattern used 34 charm squares and was super easy. I did substitute background squares for some of the lighter charm squares. I just noticed an error in my layout but I'm not going back to change it. If you want to download the free pattern you can get it from Jordan Fabrics.

Benartix also has a free pattern of a pretty log cabin style table runner using this collection.




Tea today is an unusual thing we found cleaning out a cabinet. From an old tea tin, we found some instant tea by Sweet N Low. I don't know how old this is or any history about it, I've not been brave enough to try it yet. It's an older logo and I can't even remember when they made this. I'm going to get brave one day and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment