Saturday, May 4, 2019

Fruit Salad

I started calling this quilt Fruit Salad from the moment I picked up my Wild & Fruity fabrics from my local quilt shop. I didn't quite know what I was going to do but I had wanted the fabrics. When I got home I was putting away some old magazines and a pattern card had fallen out. The pattern was one I got with the purchase of other fabrics a few years prior. It had gotten shoved in a magazine that I loaned out and forgot about.

It's a simple pattern and those are the best kind. About Face by Villa Rosa Designs can be used with a charm pack or yardage. I had some solids I got as remnants from JoAnn's and the colors paired will with my fruit fabrics. I had dragon fruit, guava and two of the citrus colorways. When I finished the center I made a pieced together border of the fruit fabrics. I plan to piece together a backing out of my scraps and use yellow as a border. I'm hoping to use all of the fabrics but if I don't I've got a million hexies project going on that they can go to. I'm going to explain that in a future post.

Today's tea is Petro's Hint of Orange Tea. It's a simple tea and the orange is very light but I love this stuff. Every time I go to the mall I buy a large when I first walk in the door and make sure I get a refill before I leave. 90% of the time this is the only thing I buy at the mall. So time well spent. I exercised by walking and exercised control by only spending 2 bucks and change.



No comments:

Post a Comment