Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Fruit Salad Throw finished

I surprised myself and finished this quilt quickly. It's not that big, it's about 45 by 47 inches. It's big enough to be used as a picnic quilt or a lap quilt. I had started the quilting on Sunday after my last post. I got most of the work done in that one day. That's what surprised me the most. Saturday I had finished the borders and the only thing I left the house for Sunday was to buy more thread. I used a Gutermann 807 Lemon Peel yellow. I was looking for a larger spool but Joann's only had the 110 yards size. It took about 3 and a half spools. 

I did an easy zig-zag pattern using a Dresden ruler to mark my angles. By Monday I had just one row and the border left to go. I had used the light yellow fabric as the binding. The backing was pieced with the leftover fabrics from the front. I Used up all the green and the darker yellow I tried to use as much of the fruit fabrics as I could. I am happy to say I have minimal scraps left to go into a pile for my million hexies projects.
The sun shows off the stitches on the back

I figured I worked a total of 40 hours on this quilt. That's a positively light speed for me on something like this. I'm going to take it by the quilt shop where I bought the fabric to show off the finished product.  

Tea for today is actually the Harney & Sons Blood Orange herbal tea. I know I had already featured it once but I made my self a nice lunch with it Sunday and that's what I drank while quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment