Saturday, March 28, 2020

WIP- Unfinished ideas

Building on the free heart pattern that Jaybird posted on her Instagram last week I decided to build on it a little. I was using a sample pack that I got from a local quilt shop so I don't have a ton of fabric to use but I did play a little more. I have this roll of flying geese papers from Triangles on a Roll. I keep meaning to try it out and I figured what better time than now. I had to pull up a video to show me how to use it first and then set out to make a couple of strips of flying geese. I think they came out beautifully.




The next was to work on the Mini-Series stitch along. This week was the log cabin block. It's done through paper piecing and since I don't have a printer I've made do with tracing paper. Tiny piecing like this is so much harder then it looks. I'm sure the next block will be a bit easier to handle.

Actual tea this time, I have this Elmwood Inn teas. Now to be fair I didn't get any at the time, but I did like their little blurb about not using nylon tea sachets. All the fancy tea blends that are bagged usually come in nylon sachets. I've always questioned throwing those away, but haven't figured out what to do with them. I like the idea of using a plant-based sachet more. It's definitely safer for the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment