Sunday, July 7, 2019

Million Hexies first project

First Swag N Seek Find
So I found something to use the hexies I've been making. I don't think this will be the only thing I do with them but it is a good start. I love going to Dragoncon on labor day weekend. It is one of my favorites conventions. In the last several years a group has gotten together and does what is dubbed Swag n Seek. It's basically making or giving small swag items away for free. The most common is to randomly hide it in the various con areas for people to find. They also do meetups during the convention to swap items.


2018 Swag Haul
Last year was my first year hearing about this and I came away with some of the best con swag ever from this. I didn't know about it ahead of time so I didn't get a chance to make anything for it but my friend who runs one of the dealer's booths is fast at making jewelry and had me run around as her swag fairy.

Swag N Seek logo
This year I'm getting prepared. I decided to do somethingI'm good at. Sew! I'm using the hexies for coasters. I'm trying to use up my scraps and I have several fandom fabrics that would work wonders with this project. I have about 9 coasters together so far and have about 7 more planned out. The best part of doing this is since the hexies are being EPP'd I can do this while I'm out with my friends. We regularly meet twice a week and I always loose sewing time. This is a good hand project that lets me keep my hands busy during our nights out.

One of my local quilt shops does a regular sit N stitch several times a week. One of those is after work on Tues so sometimes I go there. I'm enjoying the slow pace and I feel like at this point I will have something fun to share at the con this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment