Monday, August 29, 2016

Row By Row 2016

To show off one of my recent creations I'm going with the Row by Row quilt I completed for this year's Row by Row contest. I was able to finish my quilt mid July so this one's been done for a little bit. I took it to Sew Unique in Clinton. That's the shop I live near, but alas my work schedule doesn't let me get out there as much as I do when going to the Atomic Fibers shop in Oak Ridge.

This years them was "home sweet home". I actually started my gathering in Alabama where I was visiting with family friends. I got from Huntsville Sew and Vac, and Patches ands Stitches in Huntsville, AL; and 3 Hens & A Chick Quilt Shop in Athens, AL. I stopped by Sew Notions in Jasper, TN shop and Spool in Chattanooga, TN on my way home. I actually got two patterns from Spool but the other one I'm using in a different quilt that I plan to show off soon. The final three rows come from Sew Unique in Clinton, TN; Atomic Fibers in Oak Ridge, TN; and Gina's Bernina Sewing Center in Knoxville, TN.

This is my second year at doing the row by row experience. I hope next year is just as fun. Both times has been a learning experience for me because of attempting new techniques and meeting new people. The time to collect rows ends Sept 9th, but if anyone else is doing a quilt for this contest they still have to Oct. 31st. I know there are lots of shops participating and the Clinton shop I went to this year said I was her first winner ever. I still grab a pattern when I go by shops I've not been to and some are selling kits from previous years rows. I may get a quilt of orphaned rows together one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment