Sunday, July 19, 2020

Knit in Public day June 13th

I do not knit. I have tried and I suck at it. I do cross-stitch and small had stitching projects. I normally go to Sit N Stitch with my local quilt shop and work on a Harry Potter SYOA cross stitch. Recently on Knit in Public Day, I decided to join the shop in their social distance gathering. It was nice and fun. I got to talk to people I've not seen in a long time. Meet new people. There was a food truck with yummy food and drinks. I don't know how much progress I really got on my cross stitching but it was relaxing. I know a few other people in other locations who do knit and did knit in public.

I got tea and mini quiches from the food truck. I also got a mango smoothie cause I couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted to drink. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the food truck right now. I can see myself coming back later to add them.

The shop is going to throw another day similar to this in Jackson Square on July 24th. She's calling it Crafters Night Out. The Crazy Cuban Food Truck will be there and we can just sit outside and enjoy a summer evening ran or shine. Thanks to covered walkways we can still go out. I just hope it's not 100 degrees outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment